SUPPORT THE CRU
The primary purpose of the St. Henry Boosters shall be as follows:
- To provide an active organization to promote and support the athletic interests of St. Henry District High School.
- To assist the athletic director, coaches, and other associated personnel of St. Henry District High School to:
- Develop and maintain the athletic programs and the various athletic facilities and equipment in keeping with the high standards of the school.
- Untilize the athletic program as a positive force to build an enthusiastic school and tradition.
- Develop and maintain an active interest and support for the athletic program among the parents, students, and alumni of SHDHS.
- To provide financial support for the athletic program by means of fundraising activities.
- To provide a fun, interactive, social environment for all of its members.
- Through the work of its many events, the Boosters raised approximately $103,000. These funds provided the means for the following:
- $45,000 placed in an account toward the building of a new press box stand (to be completed by Fall 2013) and Grotto.
- $8,000 distributed to the athletic teams that participated in the Golfathon to help pay for game expenses, uniforms, etc.
- $5,000 paid toward the Booster’s $15,000 commitment to pay for the irrigation system on the new soccer practice field.
- $6,000 placed in a new “Future Maintenance Fund” to help pay for major maintenance of our athletic facilities (example, soccer field recrowning and returfing, baseball field recrowning, etc.).
- $2,500 spent on new concession equipment to improve our concessions (please note that Jill Felix has done a tremendous job running our concessions this year).
- $2,000 on the coaches’ recognition party for all SHDHS coaches.
- $1,000 in scholarships to one male and one female senior.
- $500 in grants to other organizations within SHDHS.
- Pay for all drinks at every athletic team banquet.
Past 3 Year’s Accomplishments
- Established fun, social and fundraising events for the St. Henry Community including:
- Taste of St. Henry
- Drive 4 Your School
- Golfathon Kick-Off Party
- HOF recognition dinner
- Helped fund the new rubberized track.
- Paid for new track equipment.
- Paid for new storage facility.
- Helped fund new athletic department’s utility vehicle.
- Helped fund new soccer practice facility.
- Provided nearly $23,000 in funding to all sports teams.
- Provided funding for needed maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment.
- Provided and managed concessions for majority of our sports teams.
- Provided scholorships to 2 of our graduating seniors.
- Provided grants to other organizations within SHDHS.
- Developed the plans, architecture, and funding plans/budget for a new Pressbo for the SHDHS Stadium to be completed in 2013.
- Developed the plans, architecture, and funding plans/budget for a very special Mary Grotto that all SHDHS can be proud and enjoy.